We provide safer, more effective inspections of critical infrastructure by using cutting-edge drone, robot, sensor, and software technologies to deliver key insights that reduce the total cost of asset ownership.
Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer
United States Military Academy; B.S., Engineering Physics
Wharton School of Business; M.B.A., Strategy and Finance
United States Army; Officer
- As CEO, Cardwell is responsible for the culture, governance, business strategy, financial performance, and organizational imperatives for Constellation Clearsight. Through Constellation Clearsight Cardwell is focused on the commercialization of drones, robotics, and artificial intelligence to improve the reliability, resilience, and sustainability of electrical infrastructure.
- Over the course of his career, Cardwell led several complex and rapidly growing businesses including wholesale trading, electric generation construction and operation, ESCO’s, retail energy, distributed generation, and energy consulting.
- As the Vice President of various departments within Constellation, an Constellation Company, Cardwell was instrumental in growing various businesses into industry leaders in the U.S. and Canada.
- Prior to joining Constellation, Cardwell served as Vice President of Allegheny Energy, a Pennsylvania-based Fortune 500 company, where he led the energy services group.
- Early in his career, Cardwell served as a Principal at Guidehouse/Navigant Consulting.
- Cardwell also held several key leadership positions as an Officer in the United States Army.
Co-Founder and Chief Operating Officer
Penn State University, A.S. in Electrical Engineering Technology
Rosemont College, B.S. in Business Management
- As COO, McNamara is focused on delivering quality service to utilities by leveraging innovative technologies in drones, sensors, robotics, and artificial intelligence to conduct safer, more efficient asset inspections.
- McNamara has more than 35 years of experience in the energy industry always focusing on incorporating innovative processes and driving efficiencies.
- Most recently, McNamara was the President and Director of PowerLabs where he focused on operations and growth of an industry leading calibration and testing laboratory providing services throughout the United States and Canada.
- Previously, McNamara was Manager of Finance and IT of PowerLabs where he was responsible for management of all financial activities and oversaw the development of industry leading laboratory management systems.
- McNamara started his career in the energy industry at PECO as a Senior Systems Analyst where he was key in design and implementation of several pioneering business software systems.
Co-Founder & General Manager, Utilities
Goldey Beacom Business College and Texas Wesleyan University, B.S. in Marketing Management
United States Marine Corps; Enlisted NCO
- As GM of Utilities, Ryan is responsible for all business development and growing the utilities segment comprising regulated investor-owned utilities, electric cooperatives, and municipal utilities. He has 16 years of experience innovating digital technology solutions, as well as leading marketing and business development teams.
- Ryan joined Exelon in 2016 and was recruited to be an entrepreneur in Exelon’s corporate startup accelerator program to focus on building an asset inspection business for the electric power industry.
- Prior to Exelon, Ryan was the Director of Business Development for GDR Acquisition Company, a financial technology firm using blockchain and artificial intelligence to aid in risk mitigation for institutional investors in the marketplace lending industry.
- Ryan served in the United States Marine Corps at Camp Pendleton as the headquarters armory NCO and held a special assignment managing and coordinating the entire military base’s training operations. He completed a combat deployment in Afghanistan supporting Operation Enduring Freedom in 2012. During his time in the Marines, he received multiple awards and commendation for meritorious service.
- Before enlisting in the Marines, Ryan also served as the co-founder and marketing director for a Texas-based real estate startup, and a sales manager for Toyota and Nissan.
Generation General Manager
United States Marine Corps; Corporal
- As Generation General Manager, Carter is responsible for all generation assets, including nuclear, hydro, fossil, and renewables such as wind and solar.
- Carter has worked in the energy industry for over 23 years where he was an essential leader within various Exelon Nuclear organizations including Maintenance, Radiation Protection, and Outage Services departments. There he oversaw setting a range of industry best practices and initiatives including outage execution, cost reduction strategies, and dose accumulations.
- Most recently, he was the Director of Dry Cask Storage across the entire Exelon fleet where he was responsible for incorporating streamlined processes to drive efficiencies, programmatic learning, and top of industry spent fuel storage operation and per cask dose performance.
- Carter began his career in energy at Oyster Creek Generating Station as a Station Laborer. There he was selected to fulfill leadership positions in the aforementioned organizations.
- Carter also maintains a Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) small, unmanned aircraft system (sUAS), remote pilot rating (FAA Part 107).
- During his service in the United States Marine Corps, Carter achieved the rank of Corporal and received several notable citations including the National Defense Medal, Good Conduct Medal, and the Navy Achievement Medal. He was stationed with Marine Fighter Attack Squadron 115, based out of Beaufort, SC.
Lead Solution Delivery Architect
Marquette University, B.S. in Mechanical Engineering
- As Lead Solution Delivery Architect, Maxfield is responsible for leading and managing spend, priority, governance and oversight of technology investments that support Constellation Clearsight’s business strategy. He also works to establish best practices and drive continuous improvement through analysis and process or system initiatives.
- Maxfield has over 20 years of experience in the technology services industry, the last 12 in the energy sector. His experience spans solution architecture, project management, team management, operational excellence, consulting, application development and technology services planning & delivery roles.
- Prior to joining Clearsight Maxfield worked at Constellation, an Constellation Company, as a Project Manager where he planned and managed to successful completion a project that restructured the systems and processes supporting the business’s retail operations. He also helped to establish the company’s Agile-focused go-forward technical delivery framework.
- Previously, Maxfield was a Senior Project Analyst and IT Department Team Lead at Integrys Energy Services where he managed several complex system-intensive projects and established many of the company’s standard project management tools, templates, and processes.
- Maxfield’s earlier work experience consisted of 10 years at Accenture where he managed network infrastructure services, planned global delivery for infrastructure outsourcing, and was an analyst for business process consulting.
Sr. Vice President of Mid-Atlantic Operations
New Horizons Consulting
Sr. Vice President of Constellation Generation & Chief Operating Officer of Constellation Power
Sr. Vice President of Commercialization and Development